Our online Volunteering Directory holds over 400 volunteering opportunities from across the Harrogate District and North Yorkshire. This includes volunteers to help with events, short term projects or to provide regular support.
We actively promote these roles through:
- Our social media accounts. We are on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin
- Our Pop-Up Volunteer Centre which travels round the district speaking to people and handing out information.
- Our leaflets and booklets which are widely available throughout the district.
- Courses for potential volunteers
Advertising your volunteer roles through the Volunteering Directory at HARCVS is completely free.
Is there anything which the Volunteer Centre at HARCVS does not do?
- We do not interview volunteers on your behalf
- We do check references
- We do not carry out DBS checks
- From 1 April 2017, we are no longer able to offer local appointments for people who are interested in volunteering following the decision by North Yorkshire County Council and the NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups to appoint a new provider to deliver support for voluntary organisations and volunteers across the county.
Can you advise on how to recruit volunteers
HARCVS offers training for Volunteer Managers on recruiting volunteers and a regular Volunteer Managers Network to share good practice. This includes:
- Advice on developing attractive Volunteer Role Adverts
- Support to develop volunteer role descriptions
- Advice on setting up a volunteer application and induction process
- Advice and guidance on carrying out DBS checks.
To see our upcoming training courses click here.
How do I register my volunteer roles on the Directory?
In order to advertise on the HARCVS Volunteering Directory you must first create an account. You will then receive a confirmation email containing full instructions for logging in and updating your opportunities. Once you have logged in you will be able to add, update and draft or delete your volunteer roles. You can also receive and manage new enquiries from potential volunteers.