Our online Volunteering Directory holds over 400 volunteering opportunities from across the Harrogate District. This includes volunteers to help with events, short term projects or provide regular support.
We actively promote these roles through:
- Our social media accounts. We are on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin
- Our Pop-Up Volunteer Centre which travels round the district speaking to people and handing out information.
- Our partnerships with local businesses and high schools.
- Our leaflets and booklets which are widely available throughout the district.
- Courses for potential volunteers
- Our advice service for people interested in volunteering.
Advertising your volunteer roles through the Volunteer Centre at HARCVS is completely free.
Is there anything which the Volunteer Centre at HARCVS does not do?
- We do not interview volunteers on your behalf
- We do check references
- We do not carry out DBS checks
- Where we feel that an individual would be unsuitable for your organisation, for whatever reason, we will try to offer alternative opportunities to them that may be more suitable. However, we cannot prevent people from contacting you.
Can you advise on how to recruit volunteers
HARCVS can offer advice and training for Volunteer Managers on recruiting volunteers. Our services include:
- Advice on developing attractive Volunteer Role Adverts
- Support to develop volunteer role descriptions
- Advice on setting up a volunteer application and induction process
- Advice and guidance on carrying out DBS checks.
To see our upcoming training courses click here.
How do I register my volunteer roles on the Directory?
In order to advertise on the Harrogate District Volunteering Directory you must first create an account. You will then receive a confirmation email containing full instructions for logging in and updating your opportunities. Once you have logged in you will be able to add, update and draft or delete your volunteer roles. You can also receive and manage new enquiries from potential volunteers.